Birdwatching at Our Swamp

We took our second walk to the swamp today to go birdwatching with the first graders. Today was a blustery day, quite windy and about 72 degrees. The kids in Mrs. Primas’ class were as excited as my class was. I always think my class won’t want to go to the swamp again and again, but they never get tired of it. Then again, neither do I. 🙂

We had an amazing time! Ms. Primas always brings the birds to us when we birdwatch at the swamp. One time when we took one of her classes we saw a family of geese and their six goslings! Another time we saw a large flock of cedar waxwings flitting and chirping in the trees. Today we saw a bunch of great egrets and red-winged blackbirds. The class photographer (Malachi) was snapping away the entire time. His work is posted here. I believe this young man has an eye for photography. He definitely takes much better photos than I. Great photographs, Malachi!

6 thoughts on “Birdwatching at Our Swamp

• June 1, 2009 at 11:29 am
    Permalink

Malachi is a great photographer! I love these photos. And the most amazing thing to me is that all of this beauty is right in our own backyard!

Reply
  • May 27, 2009 at 1:11 pm
    Permalink

Ms.Lenahan did you think Malachi did a great job of photograghing because I do I always wanted to a photographer when I grow up until I changed my mind into being a detective but I still can’t log in by the catigories on my blog but tell me if you can find a way to help me log in.

Reply
  • May 21, 2009 at 1:50 pm
    Permalink

I wish my buddy was wiyh us. I like the pictures .

Reply
  • May 20, 2009 at 9:07 pm
    Permalink

On the last image, it looks like a bug was on the camera lens. That still doesn’t differ from Malachi’s amazing pictures. Those are some cool pictures. Sleyker’s blog has the male and female IO Moth. I wonder if they are our pictures from the classroom? The moth that hatched today are you going to release him Friday? Can you hand me a paper about the Refuge Events? I probably won’t be in school tomorrow because at home I had a fever of 101.8

Reply
  • May 15, 2009 at 12:56 pm
    Permalink

WOW! THose aree some good pictures Malachi took! I love them!Ms. Lenahan, you are right that Malachi is an Entomologist! Great job Malachi!

Reply
  • May 14, 2009 at 7:24 pm
    Permalink

WOW!!! I don’t know where such a young guy got so much talent but I am sure that we will all be seeing much more of his amazing ability in the years to come. Well done and awesome pictures!

Reply